How to cut down a tree with a chainsaw near a house?: Tricks you didn’t know before!
Often we need to cut down trees near our houses to keep up with the aesthetics. Also, trees grown near your home can cause damage to plumbing lines and walls. So people tend to ask for solutions for how do I get rid of a tree near my house?
In most cases, chainsaws are used to cut down trees near your home. But it’s not an easy task. The trees need to be cut down properly and make sure that they don’t fall over your house.
Follow the tricks and techniques of this article to do the job smoothly. And this article is all about how to cut down a tree with a chainsaw near a house.
Let’s dive in…
How Should I cut down trees close to house?
As we already mentioned, if you want to cut down trees near your house, you need to follow some tricks and techniques. And also, you’ll require some tools and safety equipment.
Before we start, let’s see what tools we’ll be needing-
- Ladder: Normally, trees are long in height. So we cannot cut down the branches in the upper portion by standing on the ground. That’s why we’ll be needing a ladder to climb up.
- Rope: While we move up the tree, we need to set ourselves and the tools with the tree. So that’s where a rope will come in handy.
- Chainsaw: Chainsaws are powerful tools to cut down trees.
- Reciprocating Saw: You’ll need a saw to cut down small branches and the trunk of trees.
Now the next part is how to cut down a tree safely.
- Protective hand gloves: They’ll save your hands from injuries while using the chainsaw and hard ropes.
- Eye Goggles: Protect your eyes from dirt and debris.
- Helmets: The big chunks can damage the head if they fall on it. Souse strng helmets.
- Avoiding sharp edges of chainsaw and reciprocating saw
- Wearing boots: Protect your feet from hard logs and trunks.
- Using ladders and rope, carefully
- Ask for a hand while cutting down the branches
How do I cut down a big tree next to my house?: Step-By-Step Guide
In this part, we’ll be sharing how to cut down trees near your home. This part will also be helpful if you’re looking for how to chop down a small tree.
Chopping down a small tree is easier than a big one. And they require less stress as well. If you follow the following steps, it’ll also come in handy for cutting down small trees as well.
Step 1: Inspect the Area
Before we start the cut-down process, first, we need to inspect the surroundings. Look for any obstacles like rocks, cars, containers, etc. If theirs is any, move them to a safer spot. Next, the falling area of the tree to avoid accidents.
Step 2: Cut the Upper Branches
Now, take the ladder and ask your friend to hold it when you’re climbing up the tree. Use the roops to carry the reciprocating saw.
Start cutting down the top branches of the tree with the saw. Make sure they fall on the clear areas. Ask for a hand if needed.
Step 3: Chop-off Dense Branches
After you cut down the top branches, it’s time to chop off the thickly grown branches. Chop them off to get access to the big trunks.
Step 4: Use the ropes to Pull
Grab the ropes and use them to pull the tree in the actual direction. Climb up to the top portion of the tree and tie the rope there. Make sure to wrap the rope properly so that it doesn’t come off while pulling.
Step 5: Use the Chainsaw
Time to use the chainsaw to cut down the big trunks. Take your chainsaw and make a V-mark. Remember, the V-marking should be done on the side where you want the tree to fall.
Create a 90-degree angle by making cuts below and above the V-marked notch. And that’s how to top a tree with a chainsaw.
Step 6: Pull the Tree
In this part, you’ll be needing a hand to pull down the tree to a safer spot. As you cut notches above the V-shaped portion, tell your friend to pull the tree in the open space direction.
If you’re wondering how to drop a tree where you want it, read this part carefully. The angled cut that you made earlier will make the tree weak, and pulling strings will help it fall properly.
Cutting down trees near your house is a must when it’s blocking the views, ruining the aesthetic, and damaging walls and plumbing lines. But how to do it? Well, you’ve already learned it, right?
So that’s it when it comes to knowing how to cut down a tree with a chainsaw near a house. Make sure to follow everything we told in the guideline. And use the safety gears properly. Good luck!